BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR WORK, PLEASE NOTE:
- TCR is no longer able to accept unsolicited submissions of fiction.
- We welcome proposals for submissions to our see to see section that includes 600-word reviews of upcoming or recent events. Please send your brief proposal and bio to email@example.com.
- Each issue of TCR includes art, fiction, and interviews sourced and commissioned by the editor. Most of the poetry we publish is also solicited; however, we do publish one or two unsolicited works in each issue.
- It may take four to six months for us to respond to your submission.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere.
- We buy First North American serial rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $150.
Each year The Capilano Review invites entries for its Annual Robin Blaser Contest.
The winning entry receives an award of $1000, plus publication in an upcoming issue of TCR.
The Capilano Review's Annual Robin Blaser Poetry Award began in 2011 to honour Robin Blaser's role in the formation of West Coast poetics. Each year we invite a Canadian poet to draw on Blaser's work to create a focus for the contest and to act as the contest judge. Past judges have included Miriam Nicholls, Sharon Thesen, Meredith Quartermain, Peter Quarterman, George Bowering, Daphne Marlatt, Soma Feldmar, Aisha Sasha John, and Wayde Compton.
Judge: We are pleased to announce that the 2018 contest will be judged by Fred Wah.
Submission window: April 15th to July 31st 2018.
Fee: $30 for Canadian entries, $40 for US/international entries
Length: Maximum 6 pages per entry.
*Each entry includes a one-year subscription to The Capilano Review. If you already have a subscription, we will extend your subscription or sign up a friend!
*Please include your name, email, and mailing address on the cover letter but no identification on the pages of the poem/s.