We look forward to reading your work and thank you for your continued support!
The Capilano Review invites submissions of new work for an upcoming special issue focused on the necessities (45%), pains (40%), and pleasures (15%) of food. We’re looking primarily for poetry but also welcome short fiction, essays, and artwork made by anyone whose own cognitive mapping of the terrain—of food production and consumption, histories and economies, pathologies and realities—produces percentage-breakdowns somewhat akin to ours.
Please get to know our magazine before submitting.
Note the following details before you submit your work:
- Include your name, address, email address, and a brief bio with your submission.
- For poetry submissions, send up to 8 pages; for fiction, a maximum of 5,000 words; for visual art, a maximum of 8 images.
- It may take up to four months for us to respond to your submission.
- We buy First North American Serial Rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere.
- Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $150 after publication.