The Capilano Review publishes venturesome experimental writing and art. Please get to know our magazine before submitting by viewing some featured content or purchasing one of our most recent issues.
Before you submit your work, please note:
• TCR is no longer able to accept unsolicited submissions of fiction.
• We welcome proposals for submissions to our see to see section that includes 600-word reviews of upcoming or recent events. Please send your brief proposal and bio to email@example.com.
• Each issue of TCR includes art, fiction, and interviews sourced and commissioned by the editor. Most of the poetry we publish is also solicited; however, we do publish one or two unsolicited works in each issue.
• It may take four to six months for us to respond to your submission.
• We accept simultaneous submissions but ask that you inform us if your work is placed elsewhere.
• We buy First North American serial rights and limited, non-exclusive digital rights. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
• Contributors are paid $50 per published page to a maximum of $150.
• We only accept submissions through Submittable.
• Please make only one submission per upcoming issue.
• For poetry submissions, send up to 5 pages, for reviews, a maximum of 600 words.